tabs

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Norge - Part II: Hiking and Attempting the Almost Impossible

I just want to stress that I am terrified of heights, and as serene as the scenery may look, don't be fooled, getting to the top and hiking the whole trail is much harder than you may think. If you've done it, you know what I mean ! Also, the weather was lovely, the sun was shining and the sky was blue, but don't be tricked into thinking the weather was warm...It was very cold, especially the further you travel in altitude. It was a glacial area, there is snow on the mountains around us that never melt due to the weather. The mountains themselves are bare, no trees or shrubs, the climate up there is too rough for any vegetation (this becomes more evident as we climb higher and higher).
The start of our hike. And we're off !
© Copyright Margot Alais

The grass on the roof of the hut keeps it warm and insulated
© Copyright Margot Alais

A glacial lake and a mountainous backdrop
© Copyright Margot Alais

I wasn't kidding about the snow
© Copyright Margot Alais

Those yellow and red dots on the right are people...
© Copyright Margot Alais

My crew yo.
© Copyright Margot Alais

I met some cool English people living in Norway, and I do believe they're pictured here
© Copyright Margot Alais

We're not at the top just yet, Axel...
© Copyright Margot Alais

Mountains and glaciers
© Copyright Margot Alais

The fact that someone could get naked and have some sassytime in the mountains with a female companion, made me feel better about the altitude.
© Copyright Margot Alais

Emil
© Copyright Margot Alais

Some frozen ice, or maybe just some ice, since ice is already frozen
© Copyright Margot Alais

I legit thought this was an eagle at first, don't laugh, it's true.
© Copyright Margot Alais

Rough climate, huh ?
© Copyright Margot Alais

That mountain you see is 1.7km above sea level, and I climbed it. Less proudly do I say, that I was terrified.
© Copyright Margot Alais

A lake above sea level and a mountain that was almost to high for me to bare...
© Copyright Margot Alais

Little people
© Copyright Margot Alais

Little people and they're not even at the top yet
© Copyright Margot Alais

© Copyright Margot Alais

Two lovers hiking
© Copyright Margot Alais

Not at the top yet, but the view has already rewarded me
© Copyright Margot Alais

© Copyright Margot Alais

© Copyright Margot Alais

Me, on top of a mountain. I felt on top of the world.

Some glacial water and some icy mountain tops behind me

Fika ! Fika ! Fika !



The sun is starting to set
© Copyright Margot Alais

Group photo ! 

The top sign tells me where to go
© Copyright Margot Alais

På kvällen 
© Copyright Margot Alais

Axel attempting to plank on a cliff and Emil posing like a hero
© Copyright Margot Alais

Waaaay up high
© Copyright Margot Alais

View on the way down
© Copyright Margot Alais

A magenta sky
© Copyright Margot Alais

No comments:

Post a Comment