tabs

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fever of the Lenses

For those who don't know, my current go to objective (I'm too indie to say lens) is the AF-S Nikkor 24 85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR. It's really good to start off with because it's a bit of an all-rounder and if you buy your camera in parts (you buy the camera body and the lens separately) like I did, I really recommend you start off with this as it is a highly versatile zoom lens, and plus, it has vibration reduction, so you really can't go wrong ! So a couple of weeks ago, my father (who whole heartedly supports my obsession with photography) generously proposed to get me some new lenses, as long as I browsed for a while and put a lot of research into the ones that interested me. So that's what I did and as my blog readers, I thought it only fair to share this with you and any other fellow photography junkies out there.
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
$984.95
This is a macro lens, ideal for extreme close-up work, it has manual and auto focus abilities and has a fixed focal length,  but remember that different macro lenses have different purposes depending on their focal length (this one has a focal length of 105mm). It's maximum aperture is f/2.8, it has vibration reduction and weighs 790g. 
  
AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR
$529.95
Another macro lens (I love my close-up work, what can I say), the focal length is  85mm, the maximum aperture is f/3.5 and as the one above it has a fixed focal length. I am getting this one as well as the top one because I like to know I have a bit more of a choice, they do have different focal lengths, different maximum apertures and also different weights, so depending on the subject/conditions, I think it's not extravagant to have both, to be frank.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
$699.95
A good zoom lens, a real all-rounder but also perfect for landscape photography as it is a wide angle lense, does not weigh a ton and it has vibration reduction which is perfect. It would also make a good standard go-to lens but we'll see if I prefer it to my current favourite. The main purpose for me purchasing this lens is for landscape and travel photography, and you all know I love to travel, so what could be more perfect ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment