tabs

Monday, December 31, 2012

Renovations, The Job Is Done: Bedroom

My finished and decor-ed bedroom...I thought it would be a bit groovier to show a room at a time that way I can go into more detail for each room for those who enjoy these kinds of posts on interior design and building and such, and for those who are a bit over it: FEAR NOT, I will be back now with more "normal" posts with photograpghy on travel, food, clothing, landscape, nature etc. The chapter on my house renovations is soon to be over and may I just say it came in time for Christmas and the New Year ! Speaking of which... Happy New Year everybody ! I know I had the best New Year's Eve and certainly started the year out brilliantly, and I hope you all did too.

Look forward to another year with you guys and doing this blog !

All my love,
Margot Ana xx

Tip: To make your bedroom a little more uniform, choose a colour palette consisting of 3 colours that compliment each other (e.g: purple, white and grey) and stick to it throughout your room, try to find little nik naks to match and keep your surfaces tidy (it makes the world of difference when things look in their place) I decided on white, red and black, and it's repeated throughout my entire room.
© Margot Alais 
Tip: Organise your books by size, preferably have a section or shelf for each size: short, mid-height and tall. I've organised my magazines and tall hardcovers together.
© Margot Alais 

Tip: It's a good idea when organising shelves to be a little
creative and add decorative touches, if you have any
 pretty perfume boxes, product boxes, mini paper shopping
bags, shoe boxes etc., adorn your shelves with them,
it's a nice touch. I used little shopping bags in the small
 compartments of my shelves as well a black shoebox
which is both practical (I keep little momentos in it)
 and aesthetically pleasing.
I've used little product packaging below.
© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

Tip: Don't go overboard with photos on mirrors, a) You won't be able to see yourself, b) mirrors create the illusion of a larger space and they can't if they're full of photos. 1 or 2 large photos or a couple little polaroids (like I've done) should suffice, without things getting a bit kitsch and tacky.
© Margot Alais 
Tip: Always have a surface near your entry way that you can dump your keys on, right memos, leave your sunglasses or wallet on etc. Everything is in one place and leaves those miscellaneous off your desk, bed, bedside table etc.
© Margot Alais 


© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

Tip: Keep paper clips in a jar, it keeps them together and it looks cool on your desk as decor, and always have a little notepad handy (you will almost always need it)
© Margot Alais 

Tip: Storage like this helps keep loose sheets at bay.
© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

These are huge printing press letters my father got me at from an antique store.
© Margot Alais 

Tip: Clocks are the best thing you can have anywhere in the house, and at least you'll never be late.
© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

Tip: Any room without art on the walls
(whether it be photos, posters,
 paintings etc.)
 is naked and unfinished.
© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

Tip: Bedding that matches (either colour palette-wise
 or pattern-wise) is the best way to tie in
all the aspects of your room.
© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

© Margot Alais 

Tip: A little vacuuming never killed anyone.
© Margot Alais 

Tip: Keeping your shoes organised and not piled on top
of each other is the key to keeping them in good condition
 for a really long time.
© Margot Alais 



No comments:

Post a Comment