tabs

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Childhood Nostalgia

So I was looking over some photo albums – and let me just tell you that in the 90s, my mother's camera was practically a body part of hers, so it's not an overstatement to say we have probably a million photo albums – and I stumbled upon the greatest photo ever as well as a small realisation of the following: 
I have been wearing Moonboots since I was two years old. 

Can I just say, I freaking love Moonboots, but I've only gotten into the habit of wearing them since maybe 2011 or 2012. So it came as huge surprise to me that I'd actually been wearing them since before I can remember ! Maybe I should join some sort of Moonboot appreciation society. Does it exist ? I sure hope so, otherwise I'll create one right now and give myself the honour of 'Founder of the Moonboot Appreciation Society' 

I digress, amongst these photos I found some great little happy snaps and it made me realise how special photos were back then. I'm sure most of you remember the pre-digital camera era and how expensive film cost,  not to mention the whole 'Let me see the photo, let me see!' complex never even existed in those times (for obvious reasons) and it meant that you had to be extra meticulous in which moments to photograph. So really, every photo has its own special meaning and purpose and that makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside. I also feel an ascending feeling of nostalgia. It especially makes me feel some serious euphoria when I look at the photo and go, "I remember that !!!"

That feeling is just priceless. 

Anyway, thats all from me today,  I'm writing this in the worst possible shape ever, I think I'm coming down with a cold or some sort of bubonic plague. One of the two. It can swing either way really. 

Margot Ana

I'm the sexy blonde with the pacifier. With my cousins, aunty
and family friend.

Left to Right: Elodie, Gloria, me, Max

Left to Right: Gloria, me,  Sydney and William



Maman and I

LOOK AT THOSE SWEET MOONBOOTS I'M WEARING. 

Papa and I

Baby Margot in da house, Pro Skier from age 2, what up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment