tabs

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Under a Grey Pisan Sky

Our Italian chapter is coming to an end, the real Winter is fast approaching and Switzerland awaits us. It's weird because the postcards that are sold in nearly every city in the world always show blue skies and sunny days, but there is something really bittersweet and calming about grey weather. The smell of the dewy freshness in the morning, the glossy street pavements and tiny droplets on our windows...It all sounds good to me.

Pisa was a really special place to visit once again. It brings back memories of my childhood and growing up there,  it makes me feel overly sentimental in a "Rachel McAdams cries in the rain in the Notebook" kind of way. I weaved my way through the streets to my old apartment, found my old schools and went to my favourite park, but in all honestly, the best part was feeling like I was 8 years old again. 

On the days when the flu caught up to us, we stayed in, blankets draped on our knees with hot tea in our hands. I cooked dinner most nights (except, this one time, Bella boiled two eggs) and went to bed at ridiculous hours...That part wasn't so smart. 

Thanks for being a top dude Pisa, you were pretty alright and gave us a nice little relaxing break...I'll hopefully see you again Spring !

And for my readers, whoever you may be (thanks by the way, for you know, reading) I will see you all in Geneva, the next part of our little adventure.

xx Margot

© Margot Alais
© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais


No comments:

Post a Comment