tabs

Friday, February 7, 2014

Baby it's Cold* Outside

*Snowing.

So I spent a weekend in northern Sweden with my little Swedish family, and it felt like old times ! The lake was nice and frozen, the snowflakes were small but numerous and the winter feel was in the air. Although the snow was on the smaller side of the Swedish scale, it was still incredibly enjoyable. 

It was Bella's first time seeing falling snow in a natural environment, and also seeing snowflakes. I think however, the real amazement came from walking on the ice of the lake. I guess if you've seen it/experienced it before, you can take it for granted. It was actually really nice to see Bella experience it for the first time, everything was so new and unusual for her, that was the real prize. 

After more than adequate amounts of fika, hearty meals and warm cozy sleeps, Bella made her way back to Stockholm, as I headed to Uppsala. It was our first night apart in over 2 months...I don't think we realised how we had gotten so used to sleeping in the same bed, and being in such close proximity for so long. Bella told me the following afternoon as I came back to Stockholm, that she had taken full advantage of the large bed all to herself, as well as my pillow for extra plushness. 

That's all from Sweden for now (although I'm back soon, and will probably take a trip down South very soon). Enjoy the stark contrast in these photos but thank the snow...Some of these photos are pretty much unedited. 

Yes. That is how incredible mother nature is. Thanks M-Nizzle. 

xx Margot Ana 

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

Closing my eyes and feeling the snow. Or maybe I just didn't smile right for the photo. One of the two.
© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

Underneath these footprints, lies a beautiful lake.
© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

Mamma Lena !
© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

© Margot Alais

Compulsory selfie, for our millions of fans.
© Margot Alais

No comments:

Post a Comment